Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Keynes vs. Hayek Rap

I'm delighted Cafe Hayek finally posted this on their website. For all they were talking it up, they sure kept it ... under raps: The Hayek and Keynes Rap Off.



Chorus: We've been going back and forth for a century
K: I want to steer markets
H: I want them set free
There's a boom and bust cycle and good reason to fear it
H: Blame low interest rates
K: No, it's the animal spirits.

Best line from Hayek:
In the long run, my friend, it's your theory that's dead.
So sorry there, buddy, if that sounds like invective.
Prepare to get schooled in my Austrian perspective.

Brought to you by Russ Roberts, author of The Invisible Heart: An Economic Romance, and John Papola who seems to like posting comments on blogs I visit that didn't credit him until he posted there.

No comments:

Post a Comment